Tuesday, January 5, 2016

A Prophet from the Get Go

I have been reviewing general conference talks from the early 70s with the General Conference Odyssey group for more than a month now, and it has been a great experience.  Rather than elaborate on this particular talk, it occurs to me that it suffices to record the impression that I received that President Monson was a prophet from the get go.  I read each of the talks in this session, but when I read President Monson's talk Lost Battalions, I received a reconfirming witness that he was and is a true prophet of God.  He is a man who has filled his heart with love, his mind with truth, and his life with service.  It's astonishing to think that, as inspiring as President Monson's talks are today, he has been at it for more than 50 years.  Read this talk.  It is true.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here: